Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One FO and one New WIP

Finished Sherlock: I'm very pleased with this sweater! It fits nicely, and I think it looks okay if I may say so. I used Carol Hurt's method of ampling - a needle one size larger for the bottom. Didn't interupt the pattern at all. This was designed using Sweater Wizard, top down raglan style. I did the front bands twice. The first time the button holes were not even and looked awful; but I had to cut the band off because I sewed the buttons on so tightly that I couldn't get them off any other way. The final button hole was a simple YO, k2tog. because the buttons are tiny.

And one new project: The Diamond Patch sweater designed by Jill Vosberg (Just One More Row). The yarn is a cotton knitted ribbon from Blue Heron Yarns. The pattern gives lots of options for construction (it's modular knitting) and sizing. I'm using a 46 st. diamond, horizontal method, and 6 diamonds around. The bottom row will be on size 8 mm. and the middle row on 7 mm.; the bodice and sleeves on 5.5 mm. You can see the difference one mm. makes in the picture here:
I'm going to make at least 3/4 length sleeves, maybe full length if I have enough yarn. It's on the bottom of the list of projects, though, because there are so many things in front of it on the queue.
Fiber Arts Bloggers

3 comments:

Reluctant Penguin said...

Your sweater is georgeous and the fit is perfect! What yarn did you use?

Lou Schiela said...

Wow, that sweater looks beautiful on you. It's lovely. You did a great job.

Nina said...

The yarn is Shesrlock, from Art Fibers in San Francisco. They import the yarn from Italy and dye it here. This particualr one is 70% extrafine merino and 30% silk. They suggested a size US 8 but I knit it on US 5s, on 8s it was just sloppy. The yarn split a bit but the finished product is wonderful. I'm pleased with the drape.