Found the hiding camera charger so here are the finished photos. The first row is the Susan Shawl, from Myrna Stahman's Faroese shawl book. On the left, the unblocked item, looking as someone said, fish scales; the yardstick is for comparison with the blocked shawl in the middle. The last picture is of the details of the diamond pattern and the edging. I'm very pleased with it and it fits me nicely. The color isn't me, though, so it will be sent off to my sister for her birthday. Below that are the mittens for my daughter. The pattern is Fiesta from Lucy Neatby and it's in a solid (more or less) purple/blue and white Koigu. Fun pattern and pattern stitch and they fit her well, she says!
I've been knitting for more than 50 years. That's frightening. Lately I've been more interested in making sure things fit properly while trying to improve my techniques, especially finishing. Most important new skill I want to learn: getting the mistakes I can live with while knitting to match the mistakes I can live with in the finished project.
No comments:
Post a Comment